Cleaning the interior of the car
- Remove any loose items.
- Remove the carpets, shake them off and wash, if necessary.
- Check if the dust bag is full and change, if necessary. Vacuum clean the seats and then any rubbish that has dropped on the floor.
- With the effective Kungs Quick brush silicone brush you can clean the seats and carpets even without using a vacuum cleaner.
- Push the front seats back to reach all the way under them.
- Push the front seats all the way to the front when vacuum cleaning the backseat legroom to also get to any rubbish under the seats.
- Vacuum clean the inside of the doors and the dashboard with a brush nozzle. The best tool for vacuuming door compartments is a narrow crevice nozzle.
- Switch to the other side of the car as necessary to make it easier to reach everywhere. Also vacuum the boot of the car.
- If a hairy pet has travelled in the boot, the easiest way to get the upholstery clean is using a lint roller.
Wiping down surfaces
- The plastic and fabric parts of a car can be wiped with a mild general-purpose car detergent.
- There are specific cleaning products designed for leather interiors.
- Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer of your car and the detergent.
- Absorbent surfaces should always be cleaned with as little water as possible and as evenly as possible in order to avoid staining.
- A lint-free interior cloth is good for wiping and will remove greasy stains even without detergent.
- Spray the detergent onto the cloth first. Spraying the detergent directly onto the surface to be cleaned can cause stains.
- Clean the large surfaces of the dashboard using a Kungs dashboard cloth that collects dust very effectively
- A cockpit cleaner can fit into narrow spaces very well and its microfibre bumps will get ventilation slits, for example, very thoroughly clean.
- Usually, when removing a difficult stain from a seat, you can apply the product directly onto the stain. You should apply the product to the entire seat in order to get an even result. You can use a brush and a chamois for removing stains.
- When the seat has dried, check to see if another treatment is required.
- Wipe down the windows and interior mirrors with a microfibre window cloth.
- Try the Kungs window cleaner that makes it easy to reach the crack between the windscreen and the dashboard.
- Often, water is sufficient for cleaning windows but there are specific products designed for the purpose.